- Other Series
Helbling Readers Blue Series Fiction
Good readers make good learners
A series of beautifully illustrated original fiction by award-winning authors for a choice of compelling teen-relevant stories with a controlled level of language, content and narrative devices in order to ensure the reader enjoys every moment of the read.
- Meet the author sections offer advice and inspiration from our authors
- Detailed Before and After Reading activities help and check understanding
- New pages dedicated to Exam Practice and Vocabulary Building
- Pair work provides real language work while developing core speaking skills
- Reflection Boxes throughout the stories allow the students to stop and think about the story and draw links between the themes explored and their own lives and experiences
Language & Exams
LEVEL 4 - A2/B1
Towards Cambridge B1 Preliminary
Trinity ISE Foundation/ISE I (GESE Grades 4-5)
Other future forms; first and second conditional; present and past passive; modal verbs: may/might/will/would; could, was able to, managed to; phrasal verbs; causative have and get; want/ask/tell someone to do something; used to/used to doing; used to/would; defining relative clauses.
LEVEL 5 - B1
Cambridge B1 Preliminary
Trinity ISE I (GESE Grades 5-6)
Past perfect; present perfect continuous; subjunctive; reported speech; when and if with future tenses; expressing wishes and regrets; non-defining relative clauses; infinitive – gerunds; simple subordinating conjunctions (once, whereas, unless, except, provided); multiple noun phrases (and conjunctions) to create sequential narratives.