Top Grammar contains 25 sections, each including several 2-page units — the rules on the left, the exercises on the right. Each unit focuses on one specific grammar theme.
The rules are clearly explained and given in a graded sequence, starting from the basic standard form and structure of a grammatical item, covering the various exceptions, and further developing its communicative use in the spoken and written language.
The interactive whiteboard-compatible CD-ROM includes:
- lots more activities for each of the grammatical areas covered in the book;
- authentic texts from English and American papers and magazines with exercises;
- a special pronunciation section where students identify sounds and phonetics and practise key words.
- Graded from the simplest to the most complex.
- In addition to the grammar theme, a lexical theme (based on the Preliminary/First vocabulary topics) underlying the exercises is present in each unit.
- At the end of each section: two-page review PLUS two-pages of Preliminary/First-type activities.
- Appendix with:
- table of the modals
- mind maps of the tense system
- phonetic table with exercises
- list of irregular verbs.
Plus, on e-zone:
- Cyber Homework