- Other Series
Helbling Readers Blue Series Classics
Good readers make good learners
A series of well-known classic stories by world-famous authors that have been chosen and adapted to appeal to teenage and young adult readers.
- Fact Files give historical and cultural background information
- A clear introduction gives information about the author
- Character spreads introduce the people from each story
- Detailed Before and After Reading activities help and check understanding
- New specific pages for Exam Practice and Vocabulary Building
- Life skills spreads introduce themes from each story allowing students to make connections with contemporary issues and develop all-important life skills
Language & Exams
LEVEL 4 - A2/B1
Towards Cambridge B1 Preliminary
Trinity ISE Foundation/ISE I (GESE Grades 4-5)
Other future forms; first and second conditional; present and past passive; modal verbs: may/might/will/would; could, was able to, managed to; phrasal verbs; causative have and get; want/ask/tell someone to do something; used to/used to doing; used to/would; defining relative clauses.
LEVEL 5 - B1
Cambridge B1 Preliminary
Trinity ISE I (GESE Grades 5-6)
Past perfect; present perfect continuous; subjunctive; reported speech; when and if with future tenses; expressing wishes and regrets; non-defining relative clauses; infinitive – gerunds; simple subordinating conjunctions (once, whereas, unless, except, provided); multiple noun phrases (and conjunctions) to create sequential narratives.