- Series: The Resourceful Teacher Series
- School Type: Kindergarten, Primary School, Middle School, High School, University
- Language Level: CEFR A1 - CEFR B2
- Components: Book, e-zone resources
- Details: 292 pages
- ISBN: 978-3-99089-776-8
Book launch with the authors
Join Scott Thornbury & Herbert Puchta as they discuss the second edition of this hugely successful resource book that offers a variety of lessons and activities for everyday use in your English language class, part of the The Resourceful Teacher Series.
21 September 2021 (3:00pm - 4:00pm UK)
Teaching Grammar Creatively 2nd Edition offers 55 complete lessons covering a wide range of grammar structures, learner levels, and age groups, designed to stimulate the imagination, humour and creativity of your students.
Each lesson is divided into two self-standing main sections:
- Section A helps develop language awareness and introduces and provides initial practice of language areas that may still be unfamiliar to your learners.
- Section B provides an opportunity for a deeper and more meaning-focused engagement with these areas, always in an extended context, and always with a strong element of individual creativity.
In this second edition, you’ll find the following changes:
- New lessons that focus on high-frequency ‘chunks’, consistent with the view that there is no clear distinction between vocabulary (in the form of chunks) and grammar.
- A greater variety of creative activity types, especially in the B sections of each unit.
- Suggestions on how to use gamification as a motivational booster and to help students improve their memory for language.
- A wide range of texts, pictures and recordings available on helbling-ezone.com